Adoption Saturday w/ The Rescue Project
April 8 @ 11:00 am
Join Bar K, Petfinder and The Rescue Project for an adoption event in Petfinder Park at Bar K!
About The Rescue Project: The Rescue Project is 100% volunteer run, 501c3 non-profit, Missouri state licensed, animal rescue dedicated to improving the lives of animals in and around Kansas City’s most underserved communities. Our community outreach program focuses on building trusting relationships with people and their pets by providing essential items such as food, water, flea/tick prevention, tie outs, dog houses and financial medical assistance for animals in need. In addition, we are heavily focused on educating the importance of spay/neuter, vaccines and needs of animals to ensure responsible pet ownership.
Remember: Every dog adopted at this event will receive a one-year Bar K Membership ($225 Value).
As always, entry is free for humans and Bar K Members. For Non-Members bringing a dog, entry is $10 for the first dog and $5 for each additional dog in the household. During peak season (April-October), the cost on Saturday & Sunday increases to $15 for your first dog, $5 for each additional dog. You can complete the Guest Entry Form in advance by following the link below or fill it out at our Front Desk.
DOG ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be current on vaccinations (Rabies, DHLPP/Da2PP and Bordetella)
- Must be properly socialized for group play
- Must be at least 12 weeks old
- Must have an ID tag at all times (if you don’t have one, we will provide at our Front Desk)
- Puppies who are under 25 lbs AND under six months of age are allowed in the Small Dog Park only, or on one of our on-leash patios. This is because puppies of that age and size may not have the experience or physical ability to play safely among large adult dogs. Once your puppy is over 25lbs or 6 months of age, they are permitted to play in the All Dog Park.