The first Wednesday of every month is PET INDUSTRY NIGHT at Bar K. With over 2 acres of outdoor play space and 10,000 square feet of indoor play space, this is a perfect socially distanced opportunity for everyone who works in the pet industry – from groomers to trainers to dog walkers to shelter/rescue workers to vet techs to animal health experts – to get together from 4 pm to close to mingle and network with your peers (and their dogs!) and enjoy:
• Free entry to Bar K for your dogs
• Half off all Snacks on our menu
• $1 off all domestic drafts
• $3 off all draft cocktails
Pet Industry Night is also an opportunity to spotlight some of the amazing local pet businesses here in St. Louis.
This month we are highlighting Missouri Lost & Found Paws!
Missouri Lost & Found Paws is a 501(c)(3) non profit organization. We are a 100% volunteer based organization focused on reuniting lost and found pets. Our mission includes developing a networked community that fosters a strong commitment to those with lost pets as well as found pets. We foster an environment to do the following:
-Share information about lost and found animals.
-Share tips for searching for lost animals.
-Share tips for reuniting found animals.
-Share information from other public resources about lost and found animals.
-Share tricks to catch a skittish animal.
Missouri Lost & Found Paws will also be hosting a Check the Chip Clinic where they:
-Scan every dog to confirm a microchip is present
-Provide the microchip company name, phone number, and microchip ID to the pet owner
-Assist pet owner to complete microchip registration onsite
-Check to see if the microchip is registered
-Provide preventative education as to why unregistered chips can deter them from getting their lost pet back home
If you would like your company to be in the spotlight at one of these events, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you on the calendar.
Let’s make Pet Industry Night @ Bar K in St. Louis a tradition!
As always, entry is free for humans and Bar K Members. For Non-Members bringing a dog, entry is $10 ($15 on Sat/Sun) for the first dog and $5 for each additional dog in the household. The dog entry fee is waived if you work in the pet industry.
DOG ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
• Must be current on vaccinations (Rabies, DHLPP/Da2PP and Bordetella)
• Must be properly socialized for group play
• Must have an ID tag at all times (if you don’t have one, we will provide at our Front Desk)
• Must be at least 12 weeks old
• Puppies who are under 25 lbs. AND under six months of age are allowed in the Small Dog Park only, or on one of our on-leash patios. This is because puppies of that age and size may not have the experience or physical ability to play safely among large adult dogs. Once your puppy is over 25lbs or 6 months of age, they are permitted to play in the All Dog Park.