BAR K MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
Last modified: March 24, 2022
- Nature of Membership: Thank you for becoming a Bar K Member. Your Membership is nontransferable. It is your responsibility to notify Bar K of any change to your physical address, email address or phone number. This document sets forth the Terms and Conditions of your Membership and constitutes a valid and binding agreement between you and Bar K Holdings, LLC, and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Who Is Included in Your Membership? With respect to humans, your Membership extends to all humans in your immediate household who have completed and signed the Bar K Application. With respect to dogs, your Membership extends to all dogs in your immediate household whom you have identified on your Bar K Application and for whom you have paid the applicable Membership fee. You may not bring any non-Member dogs into Bar K unless the non-Member dog’s owner has completed a Guest Entry Form and paid any applicable guest fees.
- What is Included in Your Membership? Your Membership permits you to use Bar K’s premises, facilities, equipment and services at all Bar K locations as much as you would like during regularly scheduled hours of operation. Bar K reserves the right to reserve some or all of the facilities from time-to-time for private or special events. Members will also benefit from preferential Members-only pricing on various Bar K goods and services, as well as access from time to time to Members-only events.
- Primary Member. You will be asked to designate a Primary Member on your Application. The Primary Member will have authority to make changes to your Membership account. The Primary Member will also be the individual with whom we will communicate with respect to Membership renewal and any other issues pertaining to your account.
- Minors. Bar K recognizes that children are the next generation of responsible dog owners and welcomes children of all ages to our facility. However, we also want to do everything in our power to ensure a safe environment for all dogs and humans. By becoming a Bar K Member, you agree to comply at all times with Bar K’s Kids Policy. No person under the age of 18 can bring a dog to Bar K unless accompanied by an adult.
- Additional Fees. Bar K reserves the right to charge an extra fee for your attendance at special events and/or your use of special services or facilities that are not included in your basic Membership. For example, Bar K may host special events such as concerts, athletic events, training sessions or other events, for which an additional fee may be required. In such situations, Bar K will make best efforts to charge reduced/discounted fees for Members versus non-member guests.
- Corporate/Affiliate Membership Discounts. Bar K may offer discounted Memberships for individuals who are employed by certain partner organizations, reside in certain partner apartment buildings, or are otherwise eligible for a discounted Membership. Bar K may request that you supply proof of eligibility for such discounts. The discounted rate will apply only as long you maintain the relationship with the affiliated business. Once an individual is no longer eligible – for example, if the individual is no longer employed by the partner company, or no longer resides at the affiliated apartment building – Bar K reserves the right to charge the regular Membership fee from that point forward.
- Membership Types and Fees. Bar K Members may select from one of three alternative Membership Types. The Membership Types and the rules regarding each Membership Type are set forth below:
- Annual Membership. If you choose this option, you will be billed up front for the entire annual amount of your Membership. Your Membership will be effective on the date that you submit the completed Application and make payment. Your Membership will be non-cancellable except under the circumstances set forth in paragraph 10 “Cancellation Policy” below. If you attempt to cancel prior to expiration, but are not eligible for cancellation, your Membership will remain active until the next annual anniversary of the effective date. Your Membership will AUTO-RENEW at each annual anniversary of the effective date unless cancelled prior to that date.
- Annual Paid Monthly. If you choose this option, you are purchasing an annual Membership but paying for the Membership in 12 monthly installments. You will be billed for the first monthly installment and your Membership will be effective on the date that you submit the completed Application and make payment. You will then be AUTO-BILLED for each subsequent monthly installment at each monthly anniversary of the effective date. Your Membership will be non-cancellable except under the circumstances set forth in paragraph 10 “Cancellation Policy” below. If you attempt to cancel prior to expiration, but are not eligible for cancellation, your Membership will remain active until the next annual anniversary of the effective date. Your Annual Paid Monthly Membership will AUTO-RENEW at each annual anniversary of the effective date unless cancelled prior to that date.
- Month-to-Month. If you choose this option, you will be billed for the first month and your Membership will be effective on the date that you submit the completed Application and make payment. You will then be AUTO-BILLED for each subsequent month at each monthly anniversary of the effective date. Your Monthly Membership can be cancelled at any time. The cancellation will be effective on the next monthly anniversary of the effective date following the date upon which you cancel. Your Membership will remain active until the cancellation becomes effective.
9. Auto-Billing. You agree that your account will be auto-billed as set forth in the Membership Types section above. These charges will continue until cancelled in accordance with these Terms & Conditions regardless of your use of the Bar K facilities. We will bill the credit/debit card or other account that you have provided. If we are unable to bill that account, we will make a reasonable attempt to contact you using the contact information you provided in your Application. If we cannot resolve the non-payment, we will cancel your account in accordance with our cancellation policy. If you purchased a non-cancellable Membership Type, we reserve the right to pursue payment for any additional amounts owed to Bar K, including reporting such amounts for collection. The addition of a collection agency’s fee or commission may result in your owing a sum substantially in excess of the amount owed under your Membership agreement.
10. Cancellation. If you purchased a Month-to-Month Membership, your Membership is cancellable at any time as set forth in paragraph 8 above. If you purchased an Annual Membership or an Annual Paid Monthly Membership, your Membership is not cancellable during the annual Membership period, unless one of the following applies: a. You move more than 25 miles from Bar K. To invoke this basis for cancellation, you will be required to supply a lease, driver’s license, or utility bill showing the new address. b. Your dog passes away or otherwise becomes physically or medically unable to visit Bar K. To invoke this basis for cancellation, you will be required to supply veterinary records or a note from your veterinarian documenting the basis for cancellation. If you are eligible for cancellation for either of these reasons, the cancellation will be effective on the date you supply the information listed above. You will receive a pro rata refund of any prior Membership payments based on the amount of time remaining on the Membership. This refund will be processed and paid within thirty (30) days.
11. Vaccination Records. All dogs visiting Bar K must be current on vaccinations for Rabies, DHLPP/DA2PP (Distemper) and Bordetella (Kennel Cough). You will be required to certify that your dogs are current on these vaccinations in your Membership application. In order for your Membership to remain active, you must supply a vaccination certificate showing that all dogs on your Membership are current on these vaccinations. You have ten (10) calendar days from the effective date of your Membership to supply this information. You have a continuing obligation to supply Bar K with updated vaccination certificates showing that these vaccinations are current. If we do not have current vaccination certificates on file, we will suspend your Membership until this information is supplied.
12. Socialization/Incidents in the Park. In order to ensure a safe environment for everyone at Bar K, all dogs visiting Bar K must be properly socialized for group interaction with both humans and dogs. If, as a result of our observation of your dog in the park, or as a result of an incident or a series of incidents in the park involving your dog, we determine, in our sole discretion, that your dog is not properly socialized for the Bar K environment, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your Membership. In such cases, you will receive a pro rata refund of any prior Membership payments based on the amount of time remaining on the Membership.
14. Termination for Cause by Bar K. Bar K is a joyful community of dog lovers. We reserve the right to terminate your Membership if, in our sole discretion: (a) you fail to follow any of Bar K’s rules, regulations or guidelines; (b) you fail to follow the reasonable request of our staff, including our Dogtenders; (c) you engage in behavior that is rude, disrespectful or harmful to any of our staff, other Members or guests; (d) you engage in any behavior that involves mistreatment of any animal, including your dog or any other dog at Bar K; or (e) your conduct is otherwise improper or harmful to the best interests of Bar K, its employees, Members or guests. Termination will be effective on the date Bar K mails a written notice to your last known address. In such cases, you will receive a pro rata refund of any prior Membership payments based on the amount of time remaining on the Membership.
15. Waiver and Assumption of Risk. You understand that off-leash dog play is potentially dangerous and involves inherent risks, including but not limited to bites, scratches, jumping, collisions, escape, and other injury or harm to you, your dependents/family members and/or your dog(s). By becoming a Bar K Member and utilizing our facilities and services, you knowingly and voluntarily accept these risks, and release and hold harmless Bar K Holdings, LLC, Bear Bishop LLC, and our partners and affiliates from any claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of these risks while utilizing this facility.